The Notre Dame Institute for Global Investing has a unique partnership with Girls Who Invest (GWI), a NYC-based nonprofit, to increase the pipeline of women entering into Investment Management careers. GWI offers 3 distinct programs at no cost to the students:
- CFA Institute Investment Foundations Certificate for First Year students. This self-study online program provides students the opportunity to cover the essentials of finance, ethics, and investment roles, providing a clear understanding of the global investment industry. Note that completing the CFA Investment Foundations Program will strengthen the student's application the next year should she choose to apply as a sophomore to the 2019 GWI Summer Intensive Program.
- Summer Intensive residential program for Sophomore students. This program is located at the University of Notre Dame or at the University of Pennsylvania and has participants from across the county and from every major. This four week program provides students with the opportunity to learn core investment concepts from some of the most respected business professors from across the nation. The curriculum will cover investment management while also covering ethics from the CFA Institute, Bloomberg Terminal, presentation skills, and interview preparation. The curriculum also includes site visits with select firms. Scholars who successfully complete the four-week educational program continue on to six-week paid summer internships secured by GWI with leading investment management firms.
- Certificate through Coursera online learning platform for Sophomore students. This program offers students a sequence of multiple courses along with 17 other carefully selected courses from top universities. Students who successfully complete the Business and Financial modeling program will receive a Certificate from Wharton and Coursera.
A few weeks ago we hosted an information session for the Girls Who Invest summer programs. We recorded the event for those who weren't able to attend:
- To hear current ND Junior, Emily Feczko talk about her experience in the Summer Intensive Program, please view the following video.
- To hear current ND Sophomore, Monika Fanous discuss the CFA Institute Investment Foundations program, please view the following video.
- To hear current ND Sophomore, Kara Gisleson discuss the application process, please view the following video.
Please consider applying to these programs - applications to all three programs are due on December 1st.