Peter Kaufman, Chairman & CEO of Glenair and author of the world-famous investing book Poor Charlie’s Almanack, has generously offered to lead a 3-part series titled, The Business of Life. The 20-25 students selected for this pilot program will participate in three 1-hour Zoom sessions with Peter where he will lead discussions across several topics, including: multidisciplinary thinking, core values, and career discernment.
It is our hope that the entire cohort will also be able to take a trip out to Glendale, CA, for a visit to Glenair’s headquarters (at no cost to the students).
Peter is a past guest speaker for both NDIGI and The Art of Investing course. He is a close friend of Charlie Munger and has a vast network of professional contacts across many industries and geographies. He sits on the board of directors for the Daily Journal Corporation (ticker: DJCO) and is a highly sought-after speaker for conferences and companies across the country.
This opportunity - available during the fall 2021 semester - is open to students of any class year and major.
Participants are expected to:
- Attend 3 Zoom meetings (60 minutes each) between early November and Christmas Break
- Attend 1 in-person event on campus
- Actively participate in discussions
- Prepare for meetings by completing any assigned readings (not a significant time commitment)
- Optional: Join us for a site visit to Glenair in Glendale, CA